Lilypie

Sunday, March 29, 2009

It's been way to long!!!

Wow....I've been gone awhile...well not really gone, just not writing much. A lot has been going on these past several weeks.

The baby turned 4 months on March 12. On Easter she'll be 5 months and it blows my mind. I can't believe she is getting so big. She is such a blessing to have and be around. She's changing so much every day.

On March 16, we took her for her 4month shots and check-up. She's growing like a weed!!!! She was 14.5lbs and 25.5 inches. She's perfect in all aspects!!! The doctor was very pleased with her growth and development. Nothing to worry about in the least. She's still a breastfeed baby. No formula, and the doctor was glad for that. We got the go ahead for her rice cereal. Surprisingly she was really good with the spoon. No messiness at all really. Her shots were fine and just a couple of seconds worth of crying. She's so brave!!!!

So after a great appointment, our day turned BAD. My mom needed a ride home from work Monday afternoon 'cause her car was in the shop. We left the house and all was good, then when we were in the exit lane, we got hit by a truck. It scared the baby and she got a bump on her head. Victor got a sprained back. But the worse part was my poor little box...Over 5K worth of damage!!!! I'm just so thankful that the other part will be picking up the tab beings it was his fault. God is good!!!! He saved us from any major hurts and my car is being fixed.

The other awesome thing that happened was my dad came in from Alabama!!!! I hadn't seen him in several years. He stayed with my little sister for a smidge over a week and with me about 4 nights. It was so glad to have him here. I miss him so very much, and wish he was closer. Tori loved seeing her Grandpa. He would make these funny noises (whistling kind of) at her and she would just smile at him. (think CHEEZWHIZ smile). We had fun times while he was here, and so sad to see him have to go back to Alabama. Hopefully he can come back soon.

While my dad was here, we went and visited my grandmother (Dad's mom) up in Austin. It was neat to have 4 generations in the same room. We were able to take some amazing pictures as well. Here are a couple so you can see us all.
Four Generations (Bottom Row: Grandma, Ali, Amanda (my sister), Brandon Top Row: Me, Tori, my Dad)
Family Picture: Everyone from above, plus my Husband (left) Victor, my Aunt Lavon, and Nick (my sister's significant other) (not pictured, my Uncle Lee, he was the photographer)
This is my Grandma, my Aunt Lavon, and my Uncle Lee

Other than that things are pretty much the same....oh Tori has gotten her first real taste of big girl food. On Friday I mashed (read pureed) a banana in my mini chopper, and mixed it with her cereal. OMG I could not get the spoon to her mouth fast enough. SHE LOVED IT. I mixed 1.5T of rice cereal with my milk to make a good consistency, then added about .5T of banana. It was so funny to watch her eat it. Here's a picture for you to see her cuteness!!!
For some reason, she thanks she needs to stare at the spoon all the way to her mouth


Well that's really all for now. Must get to work on some sewing...

1 comment:

  1. That last picture is just adorable! I'm glad you got to enjoy a nice visit with your Dad, it's always hard to be far away from family. Your little one has gotten so big in just the shot time since you last posted a picture of her!

    ReplyDelete