Lilypie

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cousins....

There's something to be said about cousins. Sometimes they look alike, and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they get along, and sometimes they don't....

My little sister and I never really grew up with our cousins at all. 2 lived about 6 hours away and the other 2 lived 2.5 hours away. So it's not like there were day trips to see them and things of that nature. Which it was kind of a bummer, because I would have loved to be close to them. But that's not the case for our children. My sister lives about 8 miles away from me. And she watches Tori 2 times a week for about 4 hours each day. And her 2 children I adore. Her first born (Ali) I watched from the time she was itty bitty until about 18 months. She was my "first" born. And to my sister I am Ali's second mom. I love her to pieces. Her son, Brandon (aka PB) I was in the delivery room to see him take his first breath. Although I'm not as close to him, beings I didn't get to watch him (my sister is able to be a SAHM now) I will always have that connection with him.
Well anyways, with that being said, I did a mini photo shoot with everyone yesterday. Here's a couple of pictures for you to see the group. I love them all so much.....



One of these days I hope to get the hang of this and make me some $$$.... but until then, I will be happy knowing that I have captured beauty at its finest....the innocence of children...

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Carrie, that last picture is stunning. The way you captured Tori mid laugh was perfect! What camera are you using by the way? Hubby has said he will get me a new camera (SLR) so I was curious to know what you have that takes such gorgeous photos...I'm also sure it has something to do with who is taking them but hopefully even someone like me could use as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! I so totally recommend a DSLR. I have a Nikon D40. It's the low man on the totem pole, but I adore it. I highly recommend it hands down. Fancier doesn't always mean better. I recommend a site, I learned a lot from it, and the man is an amazing photographer. It was his site that convinced me I didn't need anything more than the D40 for now. www.kenrockwell.com ...right now I'm waiting for a new lens to come in that Vic bought. It's a true portrait lens 50mm- 1.4/f also called a "prime" lens. I tried a couple of canons, but they just didn't fit my hand right. So I went with the Nikon. If you have any questions, please let me know, I'll try to answer them from what I know.....

    ReplyDelete