Lilypie

Monday, June 29, 2009

Recipe??? Cumin Chicken Salad....

For my own thoughts, and to have it in case I lose a computer or something goes crashing away. I just made the most amazing Chicken Salad....if you want to try it, here's the recipe. I have a different palette. I don't do "plain" at all. If it looks odd, make a small batch and see what you think :)

Chicken Cumin Salad
8 oz chicken tenders
1 yellow bell pepper
3 celery stalks
1 large pear
1 large apple (I used a Cameo, sweet, crisp & a little tart)
2 cups non-fat PLAIN yogurt

Before you begin, take the yogurt put it in a coffee filter and set it in a strainer. You want to drain the whey out to make it thick. I will be thicker than sour cream. Sprinkle the chicken tenders with garlic power, onion powder, sea salt, ground cumin, & pepper. Put in hot skillet w/ 1 tsp of Olive oil and cook. Once done, remove from pan, and set aside to rest. While chicken is cooking, dice all veggies to a small dice. Then dice chicken to small dice. Put all item in large bowl and add the strained yogurt. Season to taste with black pepper, sea salt, and a couple of sprinkles of garlic powder and cumin. Let set in fridge for at least an hour before eating to let flavors meld. Before you eat, make sure to stir before serving. Serve on lettuce leaves, or in lettuce leaves.

I know this sounds weird, but it's AMAZING!!!! So refreshing, and so very healthy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG...that sounds delish! I wish I could say I'd try it...but I'm too lazy these days, dinners have been pretty basic, hopefully when I get some energy back I'll remember to check out this recipe, I'm a picky eater but even to me it looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete