Lilypie

Monday, June 29, 2009

Monday Once Again...

Well once again it is Monday, and here I sit....Last week was not to shabby. Not to much happened. It was actually pretty quiet in our house.

Tori is now pulling herself up on the side of her crib. She can go from laying down on her back , to flipping over, grabbing the side of the crib, to arched back position, to up on her knees, to a 1/2 stand. So yeah, I'm in for a rude awakening pretty quickly. *mental note, must find child coral* She still doesn't have any teeth yet, but I know in good time they will come in. Every child is different.

This weekend we drove to Graham. It's 300 miles one way. It was my Aunt's 60th birthday. She was totally surprise to see us there. We stayed for the party, and then started our trip back home. Roughly 11 hours in a car is way to long for one day. But to see the look on her face, it was priceless!!!!

The weight loss journey is going GREAT!!! I weighed in this morning, and I lost 2.8lbs this week. So in 3 weeks, my total is 7.6lbs. I'm very happy with those results. I'm really trying to get the processed foods out of diets. The only thing processed that is still left is bread, lunch meat and cereal. I'm not going to count yogurt or cheese, because well I can't make cheese, and yogurt is yogurt. I buy the plain stuff w/ no sugar or anything and just add chopped fruit to it. We are really limiting our going out to eat as well. Unfortunately there's not that many healthy restaurants around. However yesterday for lunch we did go to Panera Bakery. OMG it was wonderful. I had the 1/2 + 1/2 combo. I had the Strawberry Poppy seed salad, and a cup of their Vegetarian Black Bean soup. Was light, but very filling, and was just a great experience and I felt good about my dining experience.

We are really getting into an exercise routine over here. The only bad thing is that we have to go REALLY early, or LATE at night. Unfortunately we are having triple digits days and it's not conducive to having a baby out in it, or for that matter an adult. Last week the baby and I walked over 21 miles for the week. (Monday to Sunday evening) I'm really happy with it. She loves being out in the stroller and looking at the trees and the people. We wind through a neighborhood and end up on a great road. One side is a sidewalk, and the other is a wide strip of asphalt for jogging strollers, bikes, skates ect. It's lit all the way up. And on top of it, there are some hills to climb on it. So it's not just flat land!!!!

Here's to another week. I have pictures to upload, so I'll do that sometime this week....

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss! That is so awesome! It's so much better to lose it slow but sure because it's way more likely to stay off, you are definitely doing a great job! Congrats to your cutie pie for being able to pull herself up in the crib...they really do grow so quickly but it is such a joy to watch each and every milestone isn't it? I'm impressed with how well you are sticking with an exercise program, it is really not an easy thing to do. Keep up the great work Carrie, I know you will be able to reach your goal weight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck on your goal! And post your pictures on your progress. Cheers, Erin

    ReplyDelete