Lilypie

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A New Adventure…

    Well I took the plunge and have sewn my first knit garment.  I’ve always thought it would be hard.  But it’s AMAZING to sew on.  I have to agree with a couple of other people, I think I like it better than wovens, and this was just my FIRST experience. 

I just made simple summer dress for my sister.  Nothing fancy at all, just plain Jane but she loves it, so that’s what matters….Here’s a couple of pictures.

DSC20092 Finished product

DSC20101 Bubble hem…DSC20122 My finishing…

2 comments:

  1. That is too cute! How exciting! Would you consider making dresses for others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, that's a good question. I used to sew all the time many moons ago, but truly just started really sewing again about 3 months ago (when Tori was able to go longer w/o me). I usually only sew for family. But if it was something simple, aka like my sisters dress or you needed some mending, or something like that, I wouldn't have a problem... I just wish there were some people around here that would like to get together and sew. Several of the blogs I follow, they meet once a month with their fabric and machines in hand, and spend a day away from the children just sewing and having time with other moms/sewers...maybe I should work on something like that....oh boy, another thought in my head....ARGH!!!!

    ReplyDelete