Lilypie

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Title???

Well I really didn't know what to title this post today. There's a lot of thoughts running through my head and yet none of them have any organization. Thoughts from how amazing God is, how wrong some people are, Christmas thoughts, I'm exhausted thoughts, thoughts that "wow it's almost 1:00 where has my day gone"...like I said I'm all over the place today. Trying to focus..but not being able too....

Yesterday was an eye opener for me. It amazes me what God puts in people's lives for them to endure. Some are capable, and some are not. I look at Mckmama, and she amazes me. She has been faced with so much this past year and a bit, and still she holds so strong to her Faith in the Lord. She is a true servant to God, and proclaims Him every minute of her life.

Then I look at the news here locally. And I am disgusted by what I read. Physically made ill by someone who was blessed with one of God's miracles and then committed a heinous crime against the child. (for my own peace of mind, I will not go into details, if you want to know, you can read our local news at http://www.woai.com and do a search for "baby scotty") I have know words to express my anger and sorrow for this woman. That is all I'm going to say.

I am a little on the tired side of life these past couple of days. Tori cut her first tooth on Friday, and last night we have seen/felt the 2nd tooth as well. 2 teeth in 3 days is a lot for a little one. And low and behold, the top 2 teeth are probably going to make an appearance shortly. You can see the "white" lines already. Anyways...needless say I'm exhausted...my wonderful baby that sleeps through the night was up at 9:20, 11:45, 2:15, 4:20, and 5:50...and then I got her out of bed at 7:25...all she wanted to do was comfort nurse....at least I was able to soothe her pain away...

And last on my list...Christmas thoughts. This year I'm making gifts. I'm tired of spending so much money on gifts that seem so impersonal. I have my list started, and I'm going to have to start hunkering down and get a move on things....4.5 months to go. And with a little one under my feet, my time is precious in front of the sewing machine. Things to be made
  1. table runner w/ 6 place mats (S&S)
  2. table runner w/ 4 place mats (A&N)
  3. jacket (must make muslin first) (BD)
  4. knit shirt (either wrap style, or bias cut) (AD)
  5. bolster pillow w/ beading (KM)
  6. 50's style apron w/ flavored oils & sugar (KM)
  7. pillow friend for boy (BM)
  8. pillow friend for girl (AJ)
  9. pillow friend for girl (VP
  10. hooded towels (3) (BM, AJ, VP)
The items in ( ) are only for my reference so I know who I made things for....I'll still have to buy a couple of things, but it will be hopefully somewhat cheaper. At least it will be more personal...

...Off to see the wizard.....

No comments:

Post a Comment