Lilypie

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Should have been a Monday post....

Happy Tuesday everyone!!! Well this should have been a Monday post; however last week was one of those weeks that I don't want to relive anytime soon :)

I posted several posts last Monday and all was great. Then later in the afternoon I started to feel a little yucky. Not bad, but just not great. By the time my hubby got home (8pm) I had a fever of 101+. Mind you I went from awesome to crappy in about 4 hours :( . My fever broke Tuesday morning at around 4:45 or so. Needless to say I was exhausted and called in to work. [Thank goodness I have an awesome boss, who is also one of our amazing friends, and he just laughed at me, and said perfect timing beings our whole office was out of town.] I finally got up around 9 or so, and I felt GREAT. So totally weird in my mind. Then later that afternoon, I started to feel like crap again. Hubby got home, my throat had started to hurt, and then the dreaded look in the mirror....SPOTS!!!! BIG WHITE SPOTS ON MY TONSILS!!!!! Needless to say, after almost 4 hours in the after hours clinic, a swab test, I had strep. So that was my Monday and Tuesday.

Wednesday was recovery.

Thursday, I went into work for 5 hours, just to catch things up.

Friday, my cousins wedding. Although it was 105 outside, and it was an outside wedding at 7:30 so it was only 101 by then, it was beautiful. I was lucky enough to get to shoot some photos, and I can't wait to put them up for all to see. Nicole was GORGEOUS, and my cousin, was so very handsome. I love them both, and only wish them the happiness that I have with Victor, with many many many more years to come.

Saturday, hrmm we went over to my sisters for BBQ. And then came home and went to the local park for my tiny city's fireworks. For being a town of only about 15k they sure know how to party. It was so much fun.

Sunday, church and time with my mom.

That leads us back to Monday...which this post should have been...but anyways. Yesterday was weigh in day, and I'm proud to report that I lost 3.8lbs. I'm sure some of it had to do with me being sick, but a loss is a loss, and I don't plan on gaining any of it back. Tomorrow is my 1month anniversary, and I have lost 11.2lbs. I'm very proud of myself. The baby is loving it too, we are going for walks at least 5 times a week. She's always so peaceful and content in the stroller. I love the fact that she enjoys it so much. I take a sippy cup with ice water in it, and we are out the door. We walk anywhere from 45 mins to 2 hours. Just depends on the loop I want to do.

Hrmm what else....oh yeah....you know how you love to do something...and then it gets put on the back burner for whatever reason. And though you long to do it again, there just doesn't seem to be any time left to do it?? That's how I've been feeling lately with my sewing. I LOVE to sew. I find it therapeutic, relaxing, it's a way for me to let my artistic side come through. Well lately I haven't been able to sew. It's one thing or another, but it just hasn't been happening. Well I've decided that it is truly something that I LOVE to do. Just like exercising, and eating better, these were things that I had to make time for. I've decided that that's what I need to do for my sewing. There are so many things that I want to make. And I need to make time for the things that I truly love to do. My sister has asked me to make a dress for her, and that will be my beginning again. There are things in my sewing life that I want to get better at. And the only way to do this is through practice. So right now I'm in the process of picking a dress for my lil' sis. She's in love with the maxi dresses only she wants a shorter version. So I'm combing through the patterns to see what I can find....

Well for now that is all....I'll add photos tonight to this post, just so you can see my little one. She's getting so big...OH and she's now crawling!!!! She's slow at it, but she's got her knees under her and is going in the forward motion!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'[m glad you are feeling better. I can't wait to see the dress!! I know what you mean about having to MAKE time for the things you love and that make you a better person. You go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss!! Keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete