Lilypie

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1 Year Ago Today

The title says it all…One year ago today, my alarm went off at 4:00am.  I was supposed to be getting ready to meet my mom at the gym for a spin class at 5:30.  I awoke as normal.  Nothing to different there.  The few days before this day I hadn’t been feeling all to well, but I thought it was just me getting a little run down.  However, for some insane reason, I thought I’d take a “test”.  I had one in the cabinet and it was only collecting dust.  So blurry eyed I did the deed and waited my two minutes.  When I walked back over to the test, I wasn’t expecting anything.  We had been let down too many times before.  I haphazardly picked it up and here it was.  2 pink lines.   I didn’t believe what I was seeing.  But there it was.  The proof.  God had answered my prayers.  I was finally pregnant after several years of trying. 

Victor was sound asleep all snug in the bed.  I grabbed his foot and was jumping up and down squealing.  The poor guy thought something had happened.  He didn’t know what my deal was. I handed it over and he was dumbfounded as well.  What a blessing we were looking at.

We ended up telling my mom too.  We told her we were coming over that evening.  We stopped and bought a jar a baby food.  When we got to her house Victor took it out of his pocket and handed to her.  It took her a couple of minutes to put it all together, but when she finally did…she started crying right along with me.

The journey to his day in 2008 was a long one.  A lot of tears.  A lot of prayers.  God answers prayers in His time, not ours.  The road from that day on was a bumpy one, but we made it through…and on 11-12-2008 @ 6:33pm, my amazing little girl entered this world.  Miracles happen every day.  And she is mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment