Lilypie

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Dresses…

They are finished…over and done with.  That’s all she wrote.  I put the final stitch in the dresses this morning.  Yes I know I was procrastinating, but they are done and that is all that matters.  They turned out cute.  I let Ali pick out the fabric.  Not something I would have chosen for an Easter dress but she liked it.  I was hoping she would have picked something softer so I could have made dresses with big white collars and lace.  But it’s just as well that she didn’t.  These were fun to sew. 

Tori’s took me about 4 hours.  That’s cutting and sewing.  And about 30 minutes for the hem.  It was nice not to have to under stitch the bodice.  Hers was a simple finish with single fold bias-tape. 

Ali’s…well hers is a different story all together.  Ali is like a bean pole.  Same measurement all the way down.  Needless to say because she is so tall I have to make a longer skirt.  But then she also need the bigger bodice because she needs the length in that too, but a smaller size for around her bodice.  Needless to say, there were a lot of alterations.  But the finished outcome is simple and pretty.  And it looks cute on her. 

Here a couple of pictures of the dresses.  I’ll post updated ones tomorrow when the girls have them on.

DSC_0189

 

 

Ali’s dress.  There’s a zipper in the back and the ribbon ties in a bow in the back.  

 

 

 

DSC_0191

 

 

Tori’s Dress has a zipper in the back.  She’ll wear hers with a white sweater.

 

 

 

And just a parting shot.  Here’s a pic of Miss Thing as I surprised her with the camera, and then got down on her level.  Drool and all, she’s an amazing little girl!!!

DSC_0164

 

 

 

 

 

DSC_0170

2 comments: