Lilypie

Monday, April 6, 2009

Tori’s Feeding Table

Week

Food

Date Started

Mix-ins

1

Rice Cereal 3/16/09  Breastmilk
2 Bananas 3/27/09 w/cereal
3 Carrots 4/2/09 just carrots
4 Applesauce 4/6/09 just apples
5 Sweet Pots 4/09/09  
6 Squash 4/14/09  
7 Pearsauce 4/18/09  
8 Green Beans 4/22/09  
9 Peas 4/26/09  
10 Prunes 4/30/09  

So for now, this is the feeding chart that I plan to follow.  According to all documentation that I’ve read, she needs to have 3 servings of the food before a new one can be introduced.  This is to make sure that there is no food allergy.  I’m doing 4 days instead of the 3.  For those wondering, this IS NOT taking the place of a meal.  She only gets about 2 Tablespoons of solids a day, if that.  Before solids are offered for the day, she is nursed.  Breastmilk is still her Main source of nourishment.  All of her food is homemade.  There is no store bought food, except for the rice cereal.  I do have a homemade recipe for that too, however I wanted the DHA enhanced, so I succumbed and bought it. 

Some people may think I’m being prudish, and not wanting to spend the money ect.  However, fresh vegetables and fruit taste 500 times better than the store bought ones.  I’m not diss’ing on anyone who buys the ones at the store, it’s just not for me.  I was fortunate and my mom made all of my baby food.  Fresh from right out of the garden.  My daughter deserves the same.  Granite I don’t have a garden, but her fruits and veggies are organic and they are steamed, so that no nutrients are lost.  And they are not steamed in the microwave, they are steamed on the stove top.  So for now, that is the best that I can offer her.  This might be my only child, so I am holding nothing back.  Besides, food made with love always taste better.  :)

I’ll update the chart as she progresses through the foods….

No comments:

Post a Comment