Lilypie

Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Monday :)

I hope that everyone had a great Easter.  Our weekend was spent with friends and family.  Good times were had by all.

On Friday the hubby and I didn’t do much.  We stayed at home and just relaxed.  Not to eventful.  But it’s a good way to wind down after a hectic week.

On Saturday, the morning was spent finishing up lose ends.  But that night we went over to Steve & Sandy’s house for dinner.  It was so much fun.  Sandy fixed a wonderful dinner (stuffed chicken breasts with pasta alfredo & brocoli).  I was so glad that they got to see the baby.  They hadn’t seen her in a while.  She got good cuddles from her uncle Steve, and lots of hugs from cousin Summer.  (They are not related to us by blood or marriage, they are just amazing people.  To the point that if something was to ever happen to Vic and I, they are the ones we have asked to take care of Tori.)  It was just so nice to spend time with such wonderful friends.

On Easter, it was up at the crack of dawn and to church.  Then afterwards we went out to brunch, then over to my mom’s house.  It was a really nice time.  Here is a picture of my mom and the girls.

CSC_0433The yellow you see behind them is so beautiful…I thought it was honeysuckle but I’m not sure.  It smells wonderful as well.

Here’s a picture of just the girls together.DSC_0282 We tried to get a picture of all 3 of them together, however PB (Brandon) wanted nothing to do with it.  So that was a missed shot.

And here’s a picture of me and my gorgeous Angelbear.  Ugg, I love the picture but goodness I need to start exercising again :(

DSC_0355Well I couldn’t post picture w/o posting one of my PB.  Here he is with his Nana (my mom)  I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!

DSC_0337

Well that was out weekend….but I do have some good news to share, that we (hubby and I) are really excited about.  I am so blessed to have the friends that I do.  God is so good to us.  And this opportunity could not have come at a better time.

On Saturday night, while over at Steve & Sandy’s, they inform us, that one of our friends had left the business.  She answered the phones, did paperwork, invoiced for him, things of that nature.  I was really sad to hear that she had left.  Steve knows my background, and knows what I am capable of doing, and asked if I would be interested in working 2 days a week.  At first I thought he was joking.  But he wasn’t, he was for real.  The best part about it though,  I can take Tori to work with me!!! I will not have to leave her in a daycare.  I can take the swing and pack-n-play and set up shop.  I had been wanting to find a pt job, but did not want to put the baby in daycare.  And I can’t say I wanted to work on the weekends, because that is our family time.  This works out so perfectly.  God is so good.  I am so blessed with the people that I have in my life….

So as of tomorrow, I will be back to work.  I can wear jeans and a t-shirt, tennis shoes, I can take my child with me, what more could I ask for….oh, and the pay is good too :)

I’ll report tomorrow night how it all went….until then….  

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new pt job, that's great news and such a perfect situation. I wonder what Tori will think of her new job! :) I'm glad you had a relaxing Easter weekend with your gorgeous daughter and family. (love the pictures...what kind of camera do you have?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather...I'm hoping that she will like it. I have packed the pack-n-play, her bumbo, and toys in the car already. It will be interesting that's for sure. But she's such a good baby that I'm praying it will all work out. As for the camera, it is a Nikon D40 SLR. I LOVE IT. We had been talking about buying a new camera and I knew if we were going to spend the money I wanted a good one. It's the low end model but it has everything I need plus a ton more. I HIGHLY reccomend it. There's several websites that I follow that shoot with it. And they pictures are jaw-dropping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Carrie, hope all is well with you and your family and that you have a happy mother's day. I also wanted to let you know I tagged you in my last post, come play along if you want.

    ReplyDelete