Lilypie

Monday, April 6, 2009

Another weekend come and gone….

Happy Monday everyone.  This weekend seemed to fly by for some reason.  Although it seemed short it was packed with much fun. 

Friday I went shopping for food for the baby.  I decided that beings I am able to stay at home, there is no reason why I can’t make Tori’s baby food.  It bothers me when I look at baby food labels and see other things in them.  And when she gets older and I can start mixing a couple of flavors, I want the taste to be true.  I don’t want everything to taste like carrots or sweet potatoes, which unfortunately that’s what baby food seems to always taste like.  I’ve already made her steamed carrots, and she DEVOURED THEM!!!  So on Friday I made the following:  applesauce, pear sauce, green beans, peas, spinach, sweet potatoes, and squash.  They all were steamed on the stove, so no microwave used, and the only thing added to them was nursery water.  Which I used to steam them, and to thin them back out.   And just to make sure that I approved of the flavor, I tasted them all too, and they taste pretty darn good :)  It was a little time consuming but my freezer is now stocked full of baby food cubes.

On Saturday, we got up early and it was so beautiful outside, we decided to take the baby to the park for a nice walk.  Off to McAllister Park we went.  We went for a little over 2 hours and she loved it.  We walked almost 6 miles.  My legs are a little sore but it was so much fun.  Here are a couple of pictures of our adventure.DSC_0099This is Daddy with his little girl, we are just getting started on the trek.. CSC_0132We were blessed with the song of the Cardinals…DSC_0118This is a picture of the path that we walk on….it’s so peaceful, you have the birds singing, and several deer actually passed by us.  Not startled by our presence at all, just in their element.DSC_0134The rustic railings to keep us on the path and not go down into the small gulley.    DSC_0137 This is what happened at about mile 3…she had seen enough, and fell fast asleep..but we continued on.DSC_0162But when it was all over with, we had a very happy little girl who got to experience the outdoors with her parents!!!

Okay so that was my Saturday morning…that afternoon, the baby and I went over to Nana’s house (my mom) and helped her tear down a shed in her backyard.  Yeah I’m sore, and my arms and legs hurt, but it was a great accomplishment.

Sunday, was up early for church.  Then after church it was time to run errands and then back to the house to relax.  We rented a couple of movies and just enjoyed time together.  I FINALLY got to watch Slumdog Millionaire, what an amazing movie.  We both really enjoyed it….

Now it’s Monday morning/afternoon and it’s time for all the house work to get done.  I’ve already cleaned the kitchen and done the laundry, now I have to just fold a couple of loads and then I’m free for the day.  Life is good…no life is great….

1 comment:

  1. You guys need to come to Caterpillars - Tori's growing so fast and we miss her!

    ReplyDelete