Lilypie

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Just Another Day....

I woke up this morning feeling rather rested. Babybear fell asleep last night around 9:00 she scurried around midnight for a diaper change and a feeding and then off to dreamland again. And when that happened she was out like a sack of potatos. I moved her form the outside of the bed to the middle and she never made a sound. She was drunk on milk, warm & toasty, and snuggled back into the bed and that was it.

I laid there for a moment or two and just stared at my perfect and precious little girl. So very amazing.....And then I was off to dreamland as well. She didnt wake up until after 6:00 this morning, so I got a good solid 6 hours of sleep. Rather nice if I do say so myself. :)

I just wanted to update on the clother diapering. So far, so good. I'm truly in love with them. Her skin is not irritated anymore, and that is what I was hoping for. Although they are a little bulkier on her (she's got junk in her trunk now), they really aren't hard to deal with at all. I was worried about the BF poo issue, and I did not have any at all. She hadn't gone for about 3 days (yes this is normal, it just goes to show how "perfect" breast milk is for a child. Their bodies metabolize it so well, they actually can go up to about 10 days and be perfectly fine.) and I was worried about how the diaper and cover would handle the situation. They had no problems at all. To be honest, they did a better job than her dissposables. Yeah for cloth :)

I was worried about the washing aspect of it. I was going to be so upset if my pretty white new diapers were going to be stained. I'm doing the dry pail method. So I emptied them in the washer, did a cold rinse with 1/2 cup of baking soda, then ran a regular hot wash cycle with 2T of Charlie's Soap and another 1/2 cup of soda. When the rinse was fixing to happen, I pulled out all my covers. Then added 1/2 cup of vinegar and let them go. Then added back the covers for 1 more cold rinse. I decided not to put them in the dryer, I just hung them on the cloths drying rack I have. And the verdict........Beautiful white as snow diapers....That have no smell at all :)

It sounds like a big process to do, but it's really not. I was making dinner at the time. The washing was done by the time my dinner was finished.

2 comments:

  1. Baby Congrats to you! I don't think I could keep up with the cloth diaper cleaning regimen. I usually forget to put the softener in the rinse cycle. lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. And as far as taking care of three at once. We managed to get through the diaper changes and nursing/feedings by doing all three at the same time. When one needs a diaper, they all got changed. I've managed to get two of them pottie trained this past year with one to go. I am hoping she will 'get it' by the time she is 3 1/2, but if not... it's ok. We'll keep trying.

    Best wishes to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie, I found you through a comment on Noob Mommy and have enjoyed reading your entries. I too am a first time mother, my daughter just turned one on Sunday. I remember those special days when she was a newborn (the days are just as special now, don't get me wrong) and it was a sweet reminder to read through your entires. I too breast fed and co slept...I also remember being so excited when I got a full six hours of sleep in a row, it felt like a small miracle at the time. Your baby is just beautiful and I wish you lots of luck with the cloth diapers...although it seems like they are working out just great.

    ReplyDelete