Lilypie

Monday, February 2, 2009

My Interview

I follow a blog that is absolutely amazing. It's called "Want What You Have", it's is just an amazing read. A week or so ago, she posted and interview, and if we wanted to we could comment to her and she would interview her readers. This week it's me... and here are my questions from her. (They were good ones too, made me think)



#1 You're a brand-new mom to a baby girl, Tori. I know that after I had my first daughter, I was so surprised - both pleasantly and unpleasantly- at all of the changes in my life. What is one thing that you wish someone had told you before you had children?

Wow. This is a tough one. I expected the sleepless nights, the fussy baby who would be inconsolable, the lack of intimacy between Vic and I. However, I never thought I would worry so much, and be so scared for her future. When it was just Vic and I, I could take things in stride. But now, every decision that I make, will impact her in some way or anther, either good or bad. I've always read labels, but now I read them even more thoroughly to make sure things aren't toxic. I worry about the things that are on TV, and even though she's only 11.5 weeks, I don't want her seeing/hearing bad things. I worry about the environment that I present to her. Whether we are out to eat, or with friends, or around strangers. I'm not saying that I'm overprotective, because I feel a germ is a good germ. I just view things totally different. Almost from a future perspective.



#2 If you could be granted one wish for your daughter's future, what would it be?

hrmm....to make sure she finds a Christian man to marry and raise a family with. It truly has made a world of difference in my life.



#3 Your blog header says that you used to be a "corporate woman." Can you share a little background with us about your life before motherhood?

Bean counter aka Accountant, that's what I was. I worked for an engineering firm. And although a very amazing and wonderful company to work for, not very accommodating to motherhood. 95% of the company were men, and the rest were woman. It truly was a man's world. I miss the people I work with, but I DO NOT miss the stress, or the hour+ drive to and from work.

#4 If you had one full day to yourself, with no responsibilities or obligations, what would you do?

Sleep in until about 8 or 8:30. Get up take a nice HOT shower. Head over to the coffee shop and relax outside for an hour or so and enjoy my Caramel latte. Then go to the book store and browse the titles. Go to the deli and have lunch with my mom. Go the fabric store and look at what cute fabric is out there to make Tori some summer rompers. Go home and get my crochet bag and head back to the other coffee shop, sit outside with an iced tea and watch the cars drive by as I crochet. Around dinner time, head home and go out to a nice dinner with the husband, then go for a nice walk on the riverwalk. Come home afterwards and cuddle on the couch for an hour or so, then head to bed. Get a good night's rest so I can then accomplish everything that I didn't do the day before because I was out enjoying myself.

#5 If you could interview a famous person, who would it be, and why?What would you ask?

Tricky question for me. Because although this person is famous for all the wrong reasons the case still makes me wonder day in and day out. I truly am a child of the sciences. But only the biology, microbiology, pathology, anatomy, and chemistry side of science. None of this evolution stuff. The human body truly fascinates me. I can spend hours reading about new discoveries that scientist unveil to try and explain things. Therefore, my person would be...Andrea Yates (this is the mother who drowned her children in the bath tub and said God made her do it). Now some may say this is a morbid thought process for wanting to interview her, but no not really. I believe in God and I believe in science. The two do not mix, therefore I do not believe in evolution and things of this nature. But to pick her brain and see what she was thinking when she did this. Mind you I would want to give her some thiopental sodium, which is "truth serum". I don't believe that "God told her to do this" as she claims. After having my own child, I CANNOT imagine what would drive a human to do this to another person, yet alone her own children. I have a list of questions to ask her....probably not the answer you were expecting, but to this day, the case still bothers me.

7 comments:

  1. Wow, great answers! I actually think that Andrea Yates would be a fascinating interview subject too. Her story is so tragic, and very difficult to understand, especially for mothers.

    I'll get my feature post up tonight. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's good to "meet" you. You have a precious little girl! I remember feeling so vulnerable after our children were born. Suddenly I was worried about my health and their health and my husband's health, and I paid alot more attention to things they were hearing, etc. You just notice things in a whole new way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carrie
    Nice to meet you. I follow Heather's blog too! Life must be so different moving from corporate to motherhood, but I know what I'd prefer!

    I write a Christian blog, specifically to encourage mums - I'd love for you to have a look! Let me know what you think :)

    Blessings to you and yours
    Narelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie,

    That was a wonderful interview! Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

    I can totally relate to what you said in your first question about looking at life from a furture perspective...it is difficult to put into words, but I think a lot of Mothers can relate to that.
    I never thought about things the way I do now before I had my son. The world wasn't scary to me before I was a Mother. Now, well that's a different story!

    Thanks again!

    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your ideal day sounds lovely, and your "liquid gold" counter on the sidebar is adorable. Very interesting interview choice. I think that Andrea Yates does believe that she heard God, but that it wasn't really God (obviously). I feel very sorry for her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi You have some great answers. It's nice to meet you. All the best with motherhood - it's the best job ever!

    ReplyDelete