Lilypie

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wednesday....

Wednesday.....I used to be able to say Happy Humpday when I worked, and now, it just doesn't apply. The baby and I have been doing good. I'm just amazed at how big she is getting everyday.

Tomorrow we go and pick up our portraits that we took at Penny's. I'm excited to see how they turned out. She's been doing so good lately. She's starting to sleep longer during the night/morning. She's normally waking up between 9-10 everyday. Well except for today and she woke up at 10:22am. I didn't want to wake her up, a baby needs their sleep. We were out and about yesterday so she really didn't nap much. I just figured her little body needed the zzz's.

I sit here and think...she turned 3 months on the 12th, and it amazes me. In less than a month we'll go for her 4 month shots, and that's when the Dr. will give us the a-OK to go ahead and feed her some cereal. What??? She can't be getting that old yet??!?!?! and then in 2 months after that, it's baby food. (Mom's version of course) I'm just floored. Everyone says that they grow up so fast...but never did I imagine the time would fly by like this.

And with that noted, I'm so glad that I have the amazing husband that I do. Who is allowing me to stay home with our child. To be here for her first coo's, her first time she rolled over, the first time she will sit up on her own, to scoot across the floor, to take a step and then plop down on her bottom. I married a wonderful man. My best friend. My rock to lean on. I love him more and more every day. He is understanding, he doesn't judge me on my bad days, he gives me hugs when I need them and yet I don't ask. But most of all.....He loves me for ME. His two girls are his world, and he shows us everyday, in his little way.....

So here's to my amazing husband...I love you Victor. I love the man that you were, the man that you are, and the man that you will be. I could not have been blessed with a more amazing man to call friend, husband, or father of my child.....You are my everything.....

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! God bless the good husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi. i saw your post on another blog regarding putting cakesies to sleep at night. you asked the question about a long road ahead of you.

    well, my son is now one year old, and thanks to my hubby who gets up so bright and early in the morning (two a.m.) he loves to talk to the baby...who gladly opens his peepers to see his daddy before he goes off for his long day.

    i have six boys and all of my boys slept in the bed with us until they were around 4 or 5. of course, some folk thought this was strange, but it wasn't strange to us at all. it was our life and it was a life that worked for us.

    with hubby getting up so early in the morning, having children crying all night long, or even for thirty minutes was not feasible, nor conducive to a good nights rest. trust me, it is best for the bread winner to get all the rest that he needs to function properly in the day and come home happy and ready to see the family that awaits him.

    my boys graduated from our bed to our floor. even when they had their own room and bed they would still sneak into our room and we would wake up and there was a little person curled up on the floor with their comforter and fluffy pillow. it was no big deal to us and we didn't mind at all.

    of course, because there were so many of them, and they were all around the same age, when we did put them in their own rooms and told them that they had to stay there, they would all sleep together on the floor in one room or squeeze on one bed just to be next to one another.

    now, my eleven year old is a distance away from my fourth son and my one year old is a distance away from my fifth son. my eleven year old has his own bed, and he hasn't lost any sleep. my one year old, sleeps with me and hubby. we laugh because all of our children literally grew through their infant and toddler stages, right in our arms. and we wouldn't have it any other way.

    so, our one year old nurses through the night. it is a habit. and it is not a habit that bothers me. i am thankful for the opportunity to be home with my child and to offer him comfort.

    sometimes he will just wake up and want to nurse quickly back to sleep. i don't mind. not at all. don't look at it as a long road to travel, but rather a short road that leads to experiences that you will never be able to redo as the years pass. enjoy your husband. enjoy your life. enjoy your children.

    --mom of 6, 1 hubby, 1 boxer, everything yarn, everything cloth and baby :o) --

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how when we are young all we want is the time to go by quickly so we can hurry up and be grownups, then it's the complete opposite when we have our own children, all we want to do it try to slow it down...unfortunately we can't. I hope your professional pictures came out great, it's always nice to look back on and see your baby grow up in pictures. Thank God for wonderful hubby's who work to allow us to stay home and care for our children, what a gift that is!

    ReplyDelete