Lilypie

Monday, January 19, 2009

Being a Mommy....

What a day....it was a wonderful day, and I couldn't be happier.....

Last night Tori had a serious tummy ache. I felt so bad for her. Nothing that we did made her feel better. I have her a warm bath, and she was okay for about 15 mins and then it started all up again. Did the baby massage, and that helped for about 10 mins. And once she started again, she just screamed. Not that scream that lets you know she's hungry, but that high pitched scream. The kind that makes your ears hurt, your toes curl.....the kind that makes your heart break because you know there's nothing you can do...Finally I got her to nurse and then she was out like a light. Just as quickly as it started, it was over....She fell asleep around 11 and didn't wake up until 6 this morning. Do you know what that means?????? It means I got to sleep for 7 hours straight.

When I woke up this morning to her little "warning" cry I didn't know what my day was going to hold. I was hoping that she was going to be feeling okay. Praying that she was going to be having a good day, but truly didn't know what to expect. I woke up to big beautiful brown eyes staring at me (yes we co-sleep), and a smile that would melt anyone's heart. Those eyes said it all....I know she doesn't understand much, but I know she understands how much I love her. I know she understands that she is my whole world. These are the mornings that I am going to look forward too. The mornings that this little girl and I can lay in bed together before we have to tackle the world and just cuddle. The time that we get to spend just getting to know one another.

One of my friends said it best...."Being a mommy rocks!!!" I'm sure it will be the toughest, most challenging thing I will ever do. But it will also be the most rewarding and fulfilling thing by far. Everyday is a learning experience...and let me tell you, I have a lot to learn.....

No comments:

Post a Comment