Lilypie

Friday, January 30, 2009

I've done it...I've crossed over....

Well I've gone and done it. I've crossed over.......I've been really thinking about it for several weeks, but never had the nerve to go out and do it. I've been speaking with several mothers that do it, and they wish they would have done it sooner. I spoke with the hubby last night and he agreed beings I'm the one that usually always changes Babybear that it was up to me. So last night I got all my resources together and set out on my mission. I looked at all the reviews. The good, the bad, and the crazy.

So, today, I went on a field trip to a local store and bought my "stash". And if you're wondering what I'm talking about....it's cloth diapers. The Babybear, will now be wearing cloth diapers from here on out. I wore cloth when I was born, and my mom did the same for my little sister. It's amazing how much they have changed in 20-30 years. IT'S ACTUALLY CRAZY!!!

I didn't go all out. I'm not doing the One Size Fits All like the Bumgenius, those are crazy expensive. As in $17.99 for 1. And I would need a solid 12. Do the math. *cringe* I decided to do the prefolds and, then put wraps over them. They can be pinned, snapied, or just folded and laid in the wrap. I spent less than what I would have in 2 months for disposables. Right now I go through about 8-10 diapers a day, and you get 180 in a box for $42.00 plus tax. That will last about 10-12 days. I have to change them more beings her skin is SO sensitive. I got 24 prefolds, 3 covers, 3 doublers, 6 micro fiber wipes, 6 hemp wipes, and 2 snappies all for $130. The covers are good for up to 18lbs, but the reviews said most can wear them until about 20-21lbs, then I'll have to upgrade to the medium size which is good up to 28lbs, most reviews say to about 32. The prefolds, aka the actual diapers, I will not have to upgrade. They are good to go until she's potty trained. Just depends on how you fold them.

So people may think I'm crazy. And maybe I am. But disposable I think were made for the moms who were on the go all the time. I'm not. I'm a SAHM. There's no reason why I can't do a little bit of laundry. It's better for Tori, better for the environment, and it's WAY cheaper. In the future I might go and buy a couple of "all-in-ones", but for now, these will be it. They really are a lot easier than what you might think.

Right now they are on their 3rd wash. I can't wait to start the day off tomorrow in her new diapers. It's rather exciting to me!!!

1 comment:

  1. Kuddos to you for doing cloth diapers.. never, ever, ever could I handle those - Keri going poo in her training pants is bad enough.. getting that poo off of there, *blah*! IMO, it takes a lot of guts to put your child in cloth diapers, so kuddos to you.. :) I hope you love your new diapers and it works out for you!!

    ReplyDelete