Lilypie

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Giving of Others

You know it's nice to know that there are people still out there that are willing to open their hearts and share with others. To "pay it forward" so to speak. Today I had lunch with some of the other moms in my SAHM playgroup and it was so nice to be out and about and to be with other moms. But afterwards I went over to one of their houses and was able to get some clothes for Tori. Unfortunately they are moving back to their home state and will not be a part of our group much longer. But before she gave the clothes away she asked if anyone from the group wanted anything. I was so grateful to have the opportunity. Now that we are on only 1 income, there isn't as much to go around. Yes we can sustain our life, and there will be some extra. But not a lot.

I am not to proud to accept hand-me-downs. Nor am I to proud for my daughter to wear them. They were given to us with an open heart and kind heart. And they are beautiful.

I just wanted to say thank you Kate. Your generosity is so greatly appreciated. I wish I would have gotten to know you sooner. Thank you so much for the clothes, and for the wonderful conversation today.

1 comment:

  1. I have a very close friend who hands down all of her daughter's clothes to us, and it is such a big help! We appreciate her so much.

    ReplyDelete